Our Parksville Thrift Store (192 Island Hwy) and Qualicum Beach Thrift Store (671 Beach Rd) are open. Our Furniture Warehouse (1210 Industrial Way) reopens on Friday, July 3.
Monday to Friday, 10am – 4pm (please call to check as hours will change).
Please read our protocols below.
If you can’t make it to our store in person or if you need something not in the store, our ONLINE SHOP is open! Check out our selection of pre-loved sofas, dining sets, bicycles, lamps, dressers, sporting goods, outdoor furniture, retail display fixtures, new/used beds and so much more! New items added daily. www.facebook.com/salvationarmywarehouse/shop/?rt=19
Salvation Army Thrift Store and Furniture Warehouse COVID-19 Protocols
We want our staff, customers and donors to feel safe in every interaction they have with us so we have taken extra precautions in accordance with health and safety guidelines to help ensure the well-being of our communities and staff.
In addition to our regular health and safety protocols, here is what you can expect when shopping and donating in the months ahead:
- Staff, volunteers, customers, or other visitors who are sick with a cold or flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to enter the store
- Credit/debit card payments preferred
- Limited number of customers in the store at a time (please check each store upon arrival)
- Customers asked to use hand sanitizer (even if wearing gloves) and their own face masks (if desired), to limit their time in the store, only handle items they are likely to purchase, and keep children by their side
- Public washrooms temporarily closed
- Entry and exit attended by a greeter – please respect their instructions
- Physical distancing measures enforced as customers line up outside, and while in the store
- Floor signs to guide customers in-store
- Trolleys/baskets and POS terminal pin pad disinfected after each use
- Fitting rooms alternated and disinfected after every use
- Clothes/shoes tried on will be placed on hanging racks outside fitting rooms and moved to a quarantine area (loading bay, truck or warehouse) for 4 days, labelled with return to floor date
- Re-usable bags can still be used, however store staff will not be handling them
- Donations accepted during business hours at the Parksville Thrift Store – customers are asked launder clothing, items will be quarantined for 4 days
- Furniture donations temporarily suspended
- Furniture delivery and collection of donated items temporarily suspended
- Jewellery cabinets and some displays temporarily closed
- Senior’s discount temporarily discontinued
- Frequent and end of day cleaning/disinfecting schedule in place – including immediately after use, every shift change, ever two hours and end of day
Please respect instructions provide by our staff or admittance to our stores will be refused.
We operate two different thrift stores and a large furniture warehouse to give gently used items another chance to find a loving home and a second life. Items range from furniture and household goods to clothing, jewellery, books and collectables. You never know what you may find!
Our Parksville Main Thrift Store and Qualicum Beach Thrift Store main store feature a monthly silent auction where we feature one of a kind or unique items.
Funds generated from the sales at our Thrift Stores support the various Community and Family Services Programs operated throughout the year that help people in need, right here in our community!
192 Island Hwy W.
Mon to Sat 10:00am-4:00pm (subject to change)
1210 Industrial Way
Mon to Sat 10:00am-4:00pm (subject to change)
Main Store in Parksville – Our largest selection of lightly used household and clothing items as well as books, jewellery, and special interest items
Furniture Warehouse – 11,000 sq. ft. of gently used furniture items, appliances, fixtures, and last-chance clothing items
Qualicum Beach Thrift Store – A wide selection of lightly used household and clothing items as well as books, jewellery, and special interest items nestled in Qualicum Beach
All Locations Closed Sundays & Statutory Holidays
Drop off small items during business hours (above) to our donation depot at 192 Island Hwy, Parksville (Phone 250-248-8154).
Drop off of furniture or larger items during business hours (above) to our furniture warehouse at 1210 Industrial Way, Parksville, BC (Phone: 250-586-0856).
Pick-up and delivery of furniture or larger saleable items currently suspended please check back in mid-July 250-248-8154.
Sales and Discount Days
- Tuesday is Seniors Day where our customers aged 55+ receive a 30 % discount off their purchases.
- Every week all stores will have a different coloured tag on sale for 50% off.