Year round our food bank provides practical help to people in need. Clients are scheduled for appointments (one per month) on Monday afternoons and throughout the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays to come in and shop for items that they need, much like one would do in a typical grocery store. Along with non-perishable food items, our Healthy Choices program receives fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products from local grocery stores to provide to our clients. Produce items are available without an appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9am and 11am with bread and various non-perishable items available daily from our free shelves for those in need. Emergency help in the form of emergency food hampers is also available for first time clients. Proof of need (evidence of finances) is expected from those accessing help from the food bank.
886 Wembley Road, Parksville, BC
The Food Bank provides supplemental groceries to about 500 families a month, prepares and delivers food to boost student lunches at local schools (School Packs), and is the intake site for clients that need to access other crisis supplies.
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Wednesday and Friday 9:00 am – noon
- Healthy Choices FREE Produce: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8:30 am—11:00 am
- Non-perishable FREE Shelf: Daily during food bank hours
- Full Food Bank shopping BY APPOINTMENT:
- Mondays 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30 am — 4:00 pm
- Call: 250-248-8793 for more information or to schedule an intake or shopping appointment