Your financial gifts and material donations enable us to offer the community support programs that we do. We couldn’t do it without you!
Financial donations to our food bank go further than food donations as we can leverage greater buying power with wholesale accounts and agreements to buy in bulk.
- In person at the Administration Office, 141 Memorial Avenue, Parksville, BC (250-248-8794) cash, cheque, credit card or debit card. The office reopens on July 6 with limited hours (Mon-Thu: 9am-12pm and 1pm-3pm, Fri: 9am-12pm).
- By mailing a cheque to The Mt. Arrowsmith Salvation Army, PO Box 1874 Parksville, BC V9P 2H6.
- Over the phone with a credit card by calling 250-586-6250 (if no answer, please leave a message and we will call you back, as we are not always in the office)
- Online with a credit card HERE (choose BC and Parksville – Mount Arrowsmith) – you cannot designate the program/service online, but during the COVID-19 pandemic all donations are being allocated to the Food Bank
- Regular giving options are now available. Please call 250-586-6250 for more information.
Financial donations can be specified to go to: The Mt. Arrowsmith Community Church, Community Ministries (Food Bank, Soup Kitchen etc.), World missions, Home missions (partnerships with other Salvation Army works in BC), Orphan Ministry. (Note: these specifications cannot be made online, but during the COVID-19 pandemic all donations are being allocated to the Food Bank
Make a Food Bank Donation:
Food or consumable household items can be donated at the Food Bank Office at 886 Wembley Rd Parksville, BC (250-248-8793). Monetary donations for the Food Bank can be made via any of the 4 ways as specified above and designated to be used for the Food Bank.
Make a Thrift Store Donation:
To donate clothing, household or yard items, drop off to our donation depot at 109-192 Island Highway Parksville (Phone 250-248-8154). Or for pick up or larger sellable items: 250-248-8154
Gifts in Kind:
Under Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, we can offer tax receipts for some donations. For example, we are permitted to offer a tax receipt for new product donations. Individuals are also eligible to receive a tax receipt for some donated used furniture, collectables, household goods, art etc. as well as for bulk food donations to the food bank or healthy choices program. A request must be made at the time of donation so that items can be appraised, and donor information obtained. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to receipt for used clothing under CRA rules.