Your financial gifts and material donations enable us to offer the community support programs that we do. We couldn’t do it without you!
Financial donations to our food bank go further than food donations as we can leverage greater buying power with wholesale accounts and agreements to buy in bulk.
- By mailing a cheque to The Mt. Arrowsmith Salvation Army, PO Box 1874 Parksville, BC V9P 2H6
- Over the phone with a credit card by calling 250-586-6250 (please leave a message and we will call you back)
- Online with a credit card HERE
- In person (if no other option is available) at the Administration Office, 141 Memorial Avenue, Parksville, BC (250-248-8794) cash, cheque, credit card or debit card. Current office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00-4:00pm (but best to call ahead, given the changing covid environment)
- Regular giving options are now available. Please call 250-586-6250 for more information.
Financial donations can be specified to go to: The Mt. Arrowsmith Community Church, Community Ministries (Food Bank, Soup Kitchen etc.), World missions, Home missions (partnerships with other Salvation Army works in BC), Orphan Ministry.
Make a Food Bank Donation:
Food or consumable household items can be donated at the Food Bank Office at 886 Wembley Rd Parksville, BC (250-248-8793). Monetary donations for the Food Bank can be made via any of the 4 ways as specified above and designated to be used for the Food Bank.
Make a Thrift Store Donation:
To donate gently used (or new) clothing, household, or yard items, please take your items to our donation depot at 109-192 Island Hwy, Parksville. Please call ahead if you have a lot to donate: (250) 248-8154.
For drop-off or pick-up of furniture, appliances, and other larger items in good condition, please call (250) 586-0856.
Gifts in Kind:
Under Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, we can offer tax receipts for some donations. For example, we are permitted to offer a tax receipt for new product donations. Individuals are also eligible to receive a tax receipt for some donated used furniture, collectables, household goods, art etc. as well as for bulk food donations to the food bank or healthy choices program. A request must be made at the time of donation so that items can be appraised, and donor information obtained. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to receipt for used clothing under CRA rules.