Your financial gifts and material donations enable us to offer the community support programs that we do. We couldn’t do it without you!
Did you know that monetary donations to our food bank go further than food donations as we can leverage greater buying power with wholesale accounts and agreements to buy in bulk!?
- Make a monetary donation in person: at the General Administration Office 886 Wembley Rd, Parksville, BC (250-248-8794) – cash, cheque, credit card or debit
- Make a monetary donation via postal service by cheque to: The Mt. Arrowsmith Salvation Army PO Box 1874 Parksville, BC V9P 2H6
- Make a monetary donation over the phone via credit card by calling: 250-248-8794
- Make a monetary donation online at http://fillthekettle.com
- Step 1 – select “donate to a kettle in your area”
- Step 2 – enter “Parksville, BC” in the search bar to “find a kettle”
- Step 3 – click on the red pin on the map
- Step 4 – Select under the Mt. Arrowsmith Area “Donate to this kettle” Click Here
- Step 5 – Select the red “donate now” button on the right side of the screen
- Step 6 – Fill out the required form including payment information and continue
(All funds donated via this online method stay within the Parksville/Qualicum Oceanside ministry area of the Mt. Arrowsmith Salvation Army Corps)
Monetary donations can be specified to go to: The Mt. Arrowsmith Community Church, Community Ministries (Food Bank, Soup Kitchen etc.), World missions, Home missions (partnerships with other Salvation Army works in BC), Orphan Ministry
Make a Food Bank Donation:
Food or consumable household items can be donated at the Food Bank Office at 886 Wembley Rd Parksville, BC (250-248-8793). Monetary donations for the Food Bank can be made via any of the 4 ways as specified above and designated to be used for the Food Bank.
Make a Thrift Store Donation:
To donate clothing, household or yard items, drop off to our donation depot at 109-192 Island Highway Parksville (Phone 250-248-8154). Or for pick up or larger sellable items: 250-248-8154
Gifts in Kind:
Under Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, we can offer tax receipts for some donations. For example, we are permitted to offer a tax receipt for new product donations. Individuals are also eligible to receive a tax receipt for some donated used furniture, collectables, household goods, art etc. as well as for bulk food donations to the food bank or healthy choices program. A request must be made at the time of donation so that items can be appraised, and donor information obtained. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to receipt for used clothing under CRA rules.