Community and Family Services
Our Community and Family Services (CFS) are connected to our church and work alongside our thrift stores (and where applicable, our shelters, addiction treatment centres and corrections and justice programs) to fulfil the mission of The Salvation Army to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. We strive for holistic support programs that meet the specific challenges in our community To meet these challenges more effectively, we partner with other organizations and agencies to improve services and strengthen our community’s ability to assist those who find themselves in a place of need to transition towards a better future.
We conduct individual appointments to assess needs and identify the community supports that are available for those seeking assistance.
This assistance can take many forms such as:
- Food Assistance (via Soup Kitchen and Food Bank)
- Clothing and basic essential household items
- Pro Bono legal advice (temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Spiritual counselling
- Children’s Backpack Program (Seasonal)
- School Packs (temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Healthy Babies Program
- Camp Sunrise (2020 summer camps cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Counselling and referrals
- Emergency Disaster Services
- ID Retrieving Service (temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Family Tracing (temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
Please contact us on 250-248-8794 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of these services.