Family and Community Services
Our Community and Family Services strives to assist those who find themselves in a place of need to transition towards a better future.
When you call and book and appointment, you’ll meet with a caseworker who partners with you in assessing need and the community supports that are available. The latest report from The Salvation Army, “Feeding Canada’s Families: A report on Salvation Army Food Services“, revealed that more and more families are turning to Salvation Army food programs and centres for assistance.
This assistance can take many forms such as:
- Food Assistance (via Soup Kitchen and Food Bank)
- Clothing and basic essential household items
- Pro Bono legal advice
- Spiritual counselling
- Children’s Backpack Program (Seasonal)
- School Packs
- Healthy Babies Program
- Camp Sunrise
- Counselling and referrals
- Emergency Disaster Services
- ID Retrieving Service